Download Android Studio free and discover the new Integrated development environment for Android based on IntelliJ IDEA, considered the best Java development environment.
A substitute for Eclipse.
IntelliJ IDEA by JetBrains is a Java IDE, labeled “smart”, that allows write and debug code intuitively and collaboratively. Android Studio takes the best virtues of IntelliJ IDEA to integrate them into your Android application development environment.
IDE focused on the development of apps for android
Android Studio includes all the necessary tools to make creating Android applications a simple task.
- Intuitive user interface based on “drag-and-drop“.
- Powerful IntelliJ-based code editor.
- Emulator that integrates the latest Android system image available.
- Preview in real time.
- Emulation allowed in the different resolutions supported by Android.
- Gradle support.
- Integration with Google Cloud Messaging.
If you dedicate yourself to programming apps for Android, you need to download the Google IDE Android Studio.
What’s new in the latest version
- Kotlin DSL script support.
- Added more support to Java 8 for all versions of Android.
- What’s new in design tools.
- New templates for fragments and camera support in the emulator.