Among the advantages that Android users have over iPhone users is being able to have more freedom when choosing between app stores. They do not necessarily have to resort to the Google Play Store, since with a simple setting on their smartphone or tablet they can download applications from other resources, such as Malavida or the one that concerns us here now: Aptoide.
It is one of the most popular alternative application stores for Android, among other things for the variety of software that can be found in it and because it allows the user to upload their own apps and create their own stores.
But what makes Aptoide have that recognition among so many users? Well, features and functions like the ones that follow:
- Catalog made up of hundreds of thousands of applications.
- Wide range of apps that cannot be downloaded from Google Play, such as apps to download YouTube videos.
- Theme stores.
- Recommendations by popularity or their own publishers different from those found in Google Play.
- Possibility of following the stores of other users.
- More privacy thanks to the download of applications without user registration.
Having access to this store from the PC can help us to better manage the apps that we install on our mobile device, also being able to subject the APK downloads to better security controls through the computer’s antivirus (although Aptoide has improved a lot in this regard). It also allows them to be used on the desktop through an emulator like BlueStacks.
What’s new in the latest version
- Implementation of improvements and correction of bugs.