Nowadays, to be able to surf the Internet without worrying about having confidential information stolen, such as passwords or other sensitive information, and to be able to download files, videos, music and email attachments without risking a possible malware infection, it’s practically mandatory to have a good antivirus installed on our PC.
With 400 million users it is the number one security suite.
Among all the possible options, Avast Free Antivirus it is one of the best solutions. First, because, as its name says, it is totally free. You can use this powerful protection tool at no cost and forever, with a simple free registration. Of course you can access more advanced functions through a payment option that will provide you with a serial or license, but with the basic functions you will have enough to protect yourself from all kinds of viruses, spyware, Trojans and else. And second, because with hundreds of millions of users collaborating in the report of possible infections, there is no other antivirus better prepared to protect your PC.
What is Avast Free? Much more than an antivirus
Although it meets all the requirements that we look for in an antivirus, it also offers us other functions more typical of other programs, such as CCleaner, since it also worries that our computer works at full capacity. Thus, it offers us this series of additional features:
- Team analysis looking for viruses and other malware such as spyware, rootkits, Trojans, etc.
- Detection of disreputable browser add-ons installed in both Firefox and Chrome.
- Search for outdated software: It is always important to have the latest version of any program as developers release patches that fix security flaws.
- Detection of network threats, checking if the security of our home network is 100% guaranteed.
- PC scan for performance issues and how to optimize its performance.
- Verification of passwords saved on the computer and checking if they are secure enough.
How does this Avast antivirus work?
Many people wonder how an antivirus works to protect ourselves from the many threats that lurk on the Internet, so we are going to try to explain as simply as possible how this Avast program works, which is applicable to many other antivirus:
- All the computers protected by Avast act as sensors, receiving a lot of streams of code.
- Avast’s VirusLab analyzes that code, determining which is safe and which could be harmful.
- It immediately creates a vaccine against malicious code and sends it to all computers.
- The process is repeated continuously throughout the 24 hours of the day to be prepared against any new attack.
Thanks to having the largest user community in the world and, obviously, a cutting-edge technology in this fight against cyber threats, Avast succeeds in blocking more than 50 million attacks everyday.
What does the paid version offer me?
Yes, we have already said that it is a free version, but also that there is a payment option that increases protection. Once you enter a valid license or serial in the tab Registry, you can enjoy these other advantages:
- Greater security in your purchases in online stores.
- Protection of your identity and personal data.
- Hiding your PC behind a powerful firewall.
- Anti-spam filter and email support to avoid receiving unwanted emails.
- Protection of bank transactions.
What’s new in the latest version
- Correction of errors and update of the database.