The AES encryption protocol is one of the most widely used in the world, and therefore AxCrypt makes use of it. It is a safe system and that can ensure that any encrypted digital file reaches its recipient safe from prying eyes.
The best encryption software for your PC
The 128-bit AES algorithm that implements AxCrypt It was launched in 2001 after an arduous selection task promoted by the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) that began with a public contest to which 15 algorithms were presented by industries, students and any person or institution specialized in the subject. .
After four years, the AES algorithm was approved and in 2005 it became used by the US government for its encryptions. Anything encrypted with AES is more than secure, which is why it is implemented both in home Wi-Fi connections and in military transmissions.
After all these years, the software continues to be developed to offer us great protection for our files and folders thanks to the following features:
- Strong file encryption with AES 128 or 256 bit encryption.
- It allows you to easily open and edit encrypted files by double clicking.
- It is a collaborative software since other users can open the encrypted files with a password.
- The password manager allows you to access the passwords of any service from anywhere.
- Encrypted folders automatically protect new files added to it.
- If you have a Business account, administrators can retrieve members’ passwords if necessary using a master key.
The open source encryption program that triumphs on Windows.
With AxCrypt we can use this security algorithm Advanced to encrypt any file and achieve maximum security if we want to send it anywhere or simply save it on our PC in the safest possible way.
We are facing a 30-day Premium trial version so, after that time, the free version will only have some of the options mentioned. Others such as AES-256 encryption, key sharing or direct technical assistance, among other examples, will be lost.