Dia is a call to develop technical diagrams. Visio Windows software manual and functionality are freely configurable. Dia capabilities include multi-page printing, export to several (EPS, SVG, CGM, and PNG) formats, and user-generated custom types as basic XML definitions. Dia is ideal for drawing UML, grid and diagram diagrams.
In different sectors, Dia can be used by many people.
- For system analysis and architecture, the system engineer can create SADT diagrams.
- The engineer will write specifications, for example. Diagram RE-KAOS, Diagrams RE-Jackson or RE-I *.
- The software developer can create and extend different styles of UML layouts with the simplicity of a general purpose layout tool.
- The database creator can present the ER-diagram data relationship.
- Cybernetics can be developed by a management engineer.
- The programmer can build a flowchart that shows the program execution path.
- The network administrator can create a business network model diagram.
- An electrical engineer can use a diagram to prove how a circuit works.
- Some hydraulic or pneumatic maps may be designed by a mechanic.