Browsing the web has become one of the most common activities we do with a PC, so if we want to enjoy the best experience it is important to have the best browser. Firefox It is postulated as one of the best thanks to its performance and stability.
The best web browser in the world?
We will not dare to say so much, but since Mozilla Firefox was launched by the Mozilla Foundation in 2004 has followed a path of success that has led it to be one of the most used on the planet, contesting the title with Google’s Chrome and Microsoft’s Internet Explorer and Edge (Safari, Opera and others are far behind).
For Windows, for Mac, for Android, for iPhone, for Linux … a multiplatform success.
The success of this browser is due to several aspects, such as the fact that it is developed in open source, its performance, its evolution or its addons, which has been imitated by other developments.
Addons and extensions of Firefox: extra functions for the browser
The extension system of the web browser Mozilla has been one of the elements that its users liked the most: it is possible add all kinds of new functions to those that are already standard. Anyone can develop them and it is very easy to install them from the plugins website or uninstall them from the extensions manager in the configuration.
For years its extensions have differentiated it from other browsers.
Other browsers such as Internet Explorer were inferior in this, because they did not allow to improve their performance through developments by other programmers, both professional and amateur programmers.
And then Quantum arrived …
Version 57.0 introduced the Quantum project that had previously been beta tested. Firefox Quantum is not a new version of the browser as Microsoft Edge is compared to Internet Explorer, but a partial renovation of Firefox that has introduced many new features. Among them are the new CSS engine, developed with the Rust programming language, and the ability to run multiple processes in parallel in the kernel rather than in sequential loading.
Another feature to highlight is found in a lower consumption of RAM memory compared to Chrome. In Mozilla they affirm that it is capable of consuming up to 30% less in similar conditions and they have achieved this by prioritizing the active tab in addition to the aforementioned multithreaded execution.
There are many that this browser has, so here are the most important of all:
- Gecko rendering engine.
- SSL / TLS security system to protect the connection with the servers.
- Smart card support for authentication.
- Incognito browsing mode.
- Home page settings.
- Tab bar.
- Pop-up blocker.
- Bookmarks and integrated search.
- Support for extensions and plugins.
- Personalization through themes.
- Synchronization between devices thanks to Firefox Sync.
- Download manager.
- Hidden options and functions.
- Protection against tracking that blocks trackers and advertising.
- Reading view for distraction-free reading.
- 32 and 64 bit versions.
Which browser is better? Firefox Vs Chrome: comparison
About tastes, colors, but they exist different aspects in which both browsers differ, which are the two most used on the entire planet.
- Interface: Chrome has not evolved much in terms of its graphical appearance since it appeared in 2008. Mozilla’s has evolved over time and has the Photon interface that allows the use of complete themes and offers menus and options better adapted to user actions. It has a new, more minimalist feel with cleaner design and smoother animations.
- Extensions: Google does not offer data about its browser, but its high market share suggests that it has the main ones and that its web store it is well nourished. We could leave it in a technical tie since the more than 15,000 that Mozilla has is not a negligible figure.
- Personalization: Apart from extensions, Chrome is not as flexible when it comes to allowing the user to personalize their browsing experience. On the contrary, its rival does have the possibility of modifying certain aspects that make its use more comfortable from its interface.
- Privacy: In principle Mozilla has never had a great interest in the data produced by the activity of the user who navigates. This was an important asset for many people, who have become more concerned as the cases in which the personal information of the navigator has been compromised have increased. However, with Quantum this has changed and this aspect has been reinforced for the peace of mind of the user who can now navigate sharing less information with the websites they visit and their trackers.
Definitely, there are no major differences between the two programs that can definitively condition an election. It will be small nuances and preferences on the part of each one that lead to make a decision regarding downloading Mozilla Firefox or do the same with the Google browser.
In any case you should know that in Firefox you will find a browser that has been adapting satisfactorily since it was born to the different changes that the web has undergone and that every time it does it with greater efficiency.
What’s new in the latest version of Firefox
- Optional permission manager for plugins.
- Latest version using Flash.