There are many programs that composers, DJs and, in general, anyone with an interest in the field of music creation have at their disposal on different platforms, whether they are classical like Windows, Mac or Linux or the new mobiles like Android and iOS.
To Cubase, Pro Tools or Virtual DJ we must undoubtedly add FL Studio also known as Fruity Loops. Is about one of the best programs to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master music with a professional result.
A versatile tool to enhance musical creativity.
The version full of this program incorporates all kinds of functions that make it possible for this pattern multitrack sequencer capable of creating all kinds of rhythms and sounds. On plan roll and the external MIDI controllers allow the introduction of musical notes that can then be edited and played in any way deemed appropriate.
Fruity Loops main features
The different functions and tools that Fruity Loops incorporates make it a complete digital audio station as you can see below:
- Step audio sequencer.
- Allows multitrack recording: musical instruments, voices …
- Edit audio with multiple tools and utilities: correction of pitch, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, sliced from loops, warping samples, etc.
- Automate software or synthesizer parameters in multiple ways.
- Use Fruity Loops as a VST instrument or via Rewire from any other DAW.
- Perform live performances including video effects.
- Large number of effects: reverb, delay, filters, dynamics processors, etc.
- Includes support for plugins VST, DX and FL Native, the software’s own format.
- Compatible with ASIO and WDM drivers.
- Export your songs in WAV, MP3, OGG or MIDI format.
his main interface consists of five windows main
- Step Sequence the sequencer by steps: allows the assembly of patterns or short parts of music.
- Piano Roll: Two-dimensional grid indicates by two axes (vertical and horizontal) the note or pitch and the time of the composition.
- Playlist or Playlist: This is where the different patterns or samples that will create the song are located.
- Mixer or mixer: with it you can adjust the balance of audio levels, add effects or record audio inputs.
- Sample browser o browser: through it you will have quick access to samples, plugins and presets of the program.
It also includes more than a dozen plugins such as synthesizers, instrument simulators (bass, electric guitar, piano …), sound segmentation … in turn, it allows the acquisition of optional plugins and supports standards such as DirectX, VST, VST2, VST3, Buzz and Rewire.
A modular DAW: use only what you need
If you have experience in this of computer music composition, you may have noticed that many programs dedicated to these purposes have workspaces and interfaces full of functions that in many cases are not used. This does not happen in FL since it is designed with a modular conception offering the user the possibility of being done only with those components and functions that he really needs to work. Its different versions make it a versatile program that adapts to the needs of practically any user, so the question of which Fruity Loops is better will depend on the intention of each one.
So do not hesitate, if you are looking for a solvent and powerful DAW with almost 20 years of history behind it, here you will find one of the best possible programs.
What’s new in the latest version
- Batch export in .zip files is added to the command line options.
- New option: ‘Export all track groups from playlist’ to playlist menu.