Following the worldwide success of the Battle Royale game genre thanks to PLAYERUNKNOWN´S BATTLEGROUNDS, other games have been able to seize the moment and follow in its wake. One of the most famous is the free game from the EPIC Games studio Fortnite, especially thanks to its version for PS4, which is already at the top of all the download tops.
Fortnite is a game that makes no effort to hide all its similarities with PUBG. The plot and objective of each game is exactly the same: 100 players arrive from the air to the same stage with a single objective, looking for the weapons and defenses necessary to plan a good strategy and be the last survivor of the game. Exactly, it is the same concept and the same rules of the game.
This Battle Royale-type game has the following functionalities and options thanks to which the player can have fun for hours in short games that last between 20 and 40 minutes:
- Four kinds of hero different: soldier, constructor, ninja and globetrotter.
- Each hero class has special abilities and characteristics.
- Different weapons classified by color according to their rarity and your power level.
- Set includes ranged weapons such as shotguns, assault rifles or pistols and melee weapons like knives, spears or scythes.
- The player must look for materials to make structures, weapons and objects of all kinds: wood, metal, coal, duct tape, resin, glass …
Search for treasures to find weapons and materials, investigate every corner of the sets, plan a good strategy and set traps to surprise and eliminate all possible adversaries.
Weapon system in Fortnite
Unlike PUBG, the Battle Royale has its own system to classify the power of weapons. Based on its color, the player will be able to tell how rare the weapon they have found is. The rarer weapons are usually more powerful, although in reality, the color only indicates the difficulty to find them: the level of power will be indicated by the number marked next to the beam that shows each weapon. Next, we indicate the sorting weapons by colors according to their rarity:
- Common: Gray.
- Uncommon: Green.
- Rare: Blue.
- Epic: Purple.
- Legendary: Orange.
- Mythical: Gold.
What’s new in the latest version
- New skins, items, and backpacks, including the Blade skin.
- New punch cards.