Chrome is practically synonymous with the Internet. The Mountain View browser, officially launched in 2008, is already the web browser par excellence in both desktops, laptops and mobile devices Android. In less than ten years, the web browser developed by Google has become the preferred program for hundreds and billions of users to access the Internet and its online content.
The favorite browser of more than a billion users.
Each year its market share soars even more, and that is the last actor to arrive in the so-called browser wars, starring Internet Explore, launched in 1995 by Microsoft, and Firefox, first published by Mozilla back in 2002. The attempts of the Redmond company to regain its hegemony in the field of browsers with the launch of Edge, it does not seem that will pay off in the too near future.
Why Google Chrome is it the best browser in the world?
Google’s browser, based on the open source Chromium project and using the rendering engine Blink (a fork of Webkit), is faster, more efficient and lighter than its rivals. We do not say it, but the different ones benchmarks or tests that are carried out each year to these programs to measure their performance. If that is in itself a good reason to choose it over its competitors, its attractive features make it even more interesting:
- Lightweight browser that constantly updated with new features and security improvements.
- Web pages load faster than any other alternative.
- Possibility of logging in and sync your activity in Chrome on any other device.
- Tabbed browsing with different keyboard shortcuts to manage them all.
- Option to reopen Chrome with the tabs open in your last session.
- Incognito mode to browse privately without leaving a trace of your activity.
- Easily erase your search and download history.
- Save and manage bookmarks so you can quickly access your favorite pages.
- Autocomplete functions to suggest searches, web addresses, and form filling.
- Extension Store to add new functionalities to the browser using plugins.
- The Chrome Web Store also includes different themes to customize the look of the browser.
- Function to manage other PCs from our browser using the extension Chrome Remote Desktop.
- possibility of run Android apps within the browser.
- Function for mute tabs individually if any of them emit a sound that we want to eliminate.
- Flash content blocking by default in favor of HTML5.
- Quick searches directly in the address field u Omnibox.
- PDF viewer integrated into the application.
- Protection against phishing and all kinds of malware.
- Password management integrated into the browser.
- Faster, safer and more stable 64-bit version.
In addition to all of the above, users of this browser will be among the first to know and experience its future news with the version for developers and testers How is it Chrome Canary (There is nothing better than being able to play with the next functions of our favorite browser before the others).
What’s new in the latest version
The new version of Chrome brings important news that we describe below:
- Security fixes and small improvements.