Despite downloads from online movie streaming services like Netflix and HBO, optical discs like DVD or Blu-ray still have their acolytes, as well as downloads from the web in video formats like AVI or MP4. There are different media players, many of them free, such as VLC or KMPlayer.
However, there are those who prefer to get paid tools, often much more powerful and with more features. That is the case of PowerDVD, the tool developed by CyberLink and which is a video playback software and other multimedia files with great possibilities.
Compatibility and support for all kinds of formats, focusing on high-quality videos. Also the ability to use GPU hardware video acceleration or the ability to convert HD and 3D videos using TruTheater technology.
But it also has two modes of use, the one designed for PCs and Windows desktops and the one designed for playback on televisions. In any case these are its characteristics:
- Compatibility with the main formats HD video: AVCHD, AVCREC, MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-2 HD and WMV-HD.
- Support for high definition audio technologies como Dolby, TrueHD o DTS-HD.
- HDMI support.
- Two systems for reproduction and management of the collection: PC and television.
- Optimization of the internal engine to work with the latest generation processors.
- Support for multiple popular video formats like 3GP, FLV or MKV.
- Ability to convert 2D videos to 3D.
- TrueTheater HD upscaling technology for improved playback quality.
- TrueTheater Surround for audio optimization.
- Share opinions through the MoovieLive community or using social networks.
Two ways to enjoy multimedia resources: TV and PC
The program offers two ways to play and manage the videos and it depends on where we want to see them, whether on television or on a computer.
TV mode allows connect computer and TV using an HDMI cable, so that the playback of any title on the hard disk can be controlled on the PC but its playback will take place on the big screen. It also has support for Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast, as well as support for 360º videos and enhanced playback in Ultra HD 4K.
Your PC mode has the necessary technology to Take advantage of all the possibilities that Windows 10 offers in terms of multimedia playback, achieving a more immersive viewing experience. Together with its online entertainment functions, its customization possibilities and its quick start, it becomes an excellent option to enjoy all your videos from your PC.
The Remote version on Android and iPhone
At the same time, it has interesting add-ons such as the one provided by the smartphone version of PowerDVD Remote. It is an application that can be downloaded for free available for iPhone and in Android APK format that allows remote control of playback and that perfectly completes the functions of this media player, one of the best and most complete.
What’s new in the latest version
- Includes new information in the series and movies database.
- Increase cross-platform compatibility.