The appearance of Spotify in our lives a little less than 10 years ago it has been a real musical revolution. If before we always opted for the solution more piratilla as is the case of download music illegally to our computer, whether they were individual songs in MP3 or entire albums in compressed folders in ZIP or RAR format, now we have a much more comfortable possibility: listen to all the music we want through streaming without having to download anything at all.
Spotify it is to music what Netflix is to television.
Although most of its more than 100 million active users usually access the web version of the service, you should know that you have a convenient desktop client that you can download to your Windows computer and from which you can use all its functions and features: from searching by song title, artist or album, to discover new music, access and create playlists and listen to hundreds of radio stations online. And, as always, totally free and completely legal, since it has the approval of the great record labels such as Sony BMG, EMI, Universal or Warner Music among many others.
- Catalog with tens of millions of songs and up.
- Search by artist name, song title, or album.
- Explore hit charts, by musical genre or moods.
- Discover playlists created by other users.
- Listens online radio stations categorized by genre: blues, jazz, pop, rock, etc.
- Create your own playlists or collaborative lists with your friends with the music of your favorite artists.
- No waiting times and accessible from any PC with an Internet connection.
- Share your musical tastes with your friends: it has integration with Facebook and Twitter.
- Find out about your favorite artists: biographies, discography, related artists, upcoming concerts …
- Discover new artists from your reproductions either through the artist’s radio or from the listeners of users with similar tastes to yours.
- Buy the music you want to own at the highest quality and download it between 3 and 5 times depending on the owner record company.
- Play your own music library in the program: join your catalog and that of the application to create a large music library.
- Synchronize Spotify with portable devices Android, iPhone or iPod.
How many songs does it have Spotify Music?
This musical service in streaming has a catalog with more than 30 million songs, and thousands more are added each day, so today it can offer us more songs than we can ever hear. To that we must add the possibility of importing songs from iTunes and playing those MP3s of which we have a local copy on our hard drive.
30 million songs and counting.
But, putting this figure in perspective,there are many or few songs compared to rivals like Apple Music or Google Play Music? Well, the truth is that the three platforms offer practically the same amount of themes so their characteristics are practically identical in this sense.
How to become a Premium user? Implying? How much does it cost?
So far we have told you about the free version of the service born in Sweden, but you should know that we also have the possibility to ask us Premium Through a small monthly payment that will allow us to enjoy additional benefits:
- No ads.
- Possibility of listening to our playlists offline.
- Higher audio quality.
- Possibility of skipping songs without limit.
What must be done to take advantage of these advantages? From the desktop client, simply click on the button Subscribe and you will be redirected to a website where you will have to enter your payment information, either by credit card or PayPal. You have a free month to try these functions, but after those 30 days you will have to pay 9.99 euros per month.
If there are many of you who use Spotify at home, you can take advantage of your family plan that basically consists of offering up to six accounts Premium independent for members of the same household for 14.99 euros per month, which is quite affordable. At the end of the day, it is the cheapest option, as long as you have not been able to take advantage of any of the offers that Internet providers such as Vodafone usually launch to attract more customers.
What’s new in this new version
Spotify is not very given to publish the changes you make in each version of your desktop app, but we can assure you that these are mainly focused on improving the performance of the number one music streaming program, renewing the interface, and correcting bugs detected in previous versions. Many of the changes also have to do with the expansion of the catalog of songs and artists to continue competing face to face with other similar services, especially with YouTube Music and Apple Music. Also, from now on you can download a version for Windows 10 directly from the Microsoft Store.