Scripts are command files that are normally stored in plain text and whose function is to carry out tasks such as combining different components or interacting with the operating system or the user. Tampermonkey is a manager of these scripts for the Google Chrome browser that allows a simple administration of these.
With this extension you can access online script repositories such as Greasy Fork where you can find hundreds of userscripts that by being added they can carry out different functions, such as downloading YouTube videos or carrying out specific tasks on Facebook.
The extension can be controlled from the browser interface and offers features such as the following:
- Manage and edit your user scripts.
- Activate or deactivate scripts with a couple of clicks.
- Synchronize them between your devices.
- Make backup copies of them in Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox.
- Automatically download your updates.
It offers a clear view of all installed scripts, thus being able to see when they have been updated, if there is a home page or in which websites they can be used.