Getting good software to create and mix music is not as expensive and expensive as some people think. There are programs with which to exploit musical creativity with a multitude of tools and resources and one of the most famous is undoubtedly Virtual DJ, which also incorporates video editing functions designed for videoDJs.
A program for DJs with more than 20 years of experience
Thanks to the fact that it is provided with a very easy to use interface, anyone who is minimally familiar with playing music (electronic or not) will be able to get hold of its functions right away more basic. Just open the folder where the songs are stored and drag them to the track where you want them to sound. From there adding effects, adjusting or modifying the BPM, looping, scratching and more is a breeze.
Free software but with professional functions and features.
In fact its design has been studied to the millimeter, dividing the work area into areas: in the upper part we find the players and associated functions from which to control aspects such as the wave, the pitch or the CUE; In the lower one we access the different directories of the hard disk with which we can see covers and quickly access the playlists.
Is about one of the most complete audio mixing programs. It comes equipped with features and functions such as the following:
- Ability to mix audio and video.
- Locator of up to 3 CUE points per track.
- Support up to 99 decks or giradiscos.
- Recording of musical sessions.
- Creation of playlists.
- Sandbox or safe mixing zone.
- Creation of loops of variable duration.
- Playback control and pitch.
- Integrated mixer with equalizer and gain control.
- Features master weather, automix and BPM detector.
- Sample Trigger or samples with 14 audio, 12 video and almost 20 different transition effects.
A complete repertoire of functions that make your PC a complete mixer.
Song mixes always under control
This program keeps track mixes always under control. Among other things thanks to its sandbox from which the DJ can carry out the mixes of tracks while another song is playing for your audience. In this workspace Independent You can find the perfect entry and exit points, so you can easily prepare your next mix with the confidence of knowing that it will be just the way you want it.
Another of the main functions that we find is the wide range of editors it has:
- AutoMix: allows you to prepare a sequence of mixes that you can also remember later, so that when mixing two tracks and unless otherwise indicated, it will always automatically enter and exit at the same points.
- Track Cleaner: Edit songs by removing lyrics, intros, or anything else deemed irrelevant to the mix.
- Video Editor: Add text or sound effects to a video. It is obviously intended for the videodjing.
- Editor samples: allows you to adjust most of the samples whether they are audio, video or image, even combine them.
- POI Editor: These points of interest (or POI in English) are the CUEs, AutoMix points, loops and others that are adjusted in each song.
- Editor BPM: Adjust the beat of the songs, even going so far as to establish different beats within the same song.
- Editor tags: thanks to tags you can group different songs based on different criteria and easily retrieve them when you need them.
How much does Virtual DJ cost?
There are different versions of VirtualDJ with different prices according to how they are used:
- VirtualDJ Home: It’s free. It is intended for home users who do not use it with any professional equipment.
- VirtualDJ LE: For advanced home users and connecting the program to professional equipment such as MIDI controllers. It is sold together with the controller and its price varies depending on its model.
- VirtualDJ Plus: for professionals. Its price ranges between $ 49 and $ 249.
- VirtualDJ PRO: It can be purchased through a monthly subscription of 19 dollars or with a single annual payment of 299. It is also for professional users and the advantage is that you can have configurations and definitions made to measure for the controller that is used, transmit over the Internet to a radio server or use podcast storage.
What’s new in this latest version
- It is now compatible with the Pioneer CDJ-3000 player and the Pioneer DJM-V10 mixing console.