Function and focus
- Pay attention to unconnected nodes that can be positioned freely (sticky notes);
- Sort ideas (nodes) into a hierarchy connected by lines (edges);
- Classify nodes with metadata (attributes) and style types (system style, user-defined style, level style);
- Use visual containers (cloud) and honors (summary nodes) to group nodes;
- Connect nodes with dynamic links, free wires (connectors) and labels;
- Automatically set the node style (with bubbles, color, edge type, etc.) according to the level and content (conditional style, automatic edge color, level style);
- Construct nodes based on content (text, scientific formulas, calculations, icons, images and hyperlinks) and presentation areas (core, detailed information, notes, attributes, images and tooltips);
- Change the view by hiding content (folding branches, filtering, summary of details and hiding extensions in tooltips), search, scrolling and navigation;
- Schedule calendars and reminders;
- Use DES encryption to password protect the entire map and a single node;
- Easy to use inline and dialog editor, object-oriented main menu, context menu, multi-language support, Spell checker, Properties panel, drag and drop function, hot keys, batch execution, publishing, sharing and optional preference options;
- Approximate search (similarity search), even if there is no exact match, you can find search terms in the text (for example, “setup” = “setup” or “flie” = “file”).
- Support LaTeX formula under node/in node
- Use attachments and self-made scripts to easily expand functions;
- Integration with Docear academic literature suite;
- Provide extensive support through Wiki and forums; as well as tutorials and documents in the form of mind maps.
note: Freeplane can run on any operating system with the following functions Java runtime environment Installed.
Also offers: Download Freeplane for Mac